Works samples will be the bulk of your child's portfolio. By law work samples must show work from different time periods of the year for each subject that has been studied. Samples should be dated and show progress throughout the year. I only require three work samples for each subject, but I ask for them to be somewhat spaced throughout the previous year.
Examples of work samples:
- Written work
- Book work
- Workbook pages
- Computer program scores/reports
- Online curriculum scores/reports
- FLVS Transcripts
- Tests and quizzes
- Photo/recordings of projects
- Photographs of action shots
- PHOTOS of trips, classes, activities, sports, and anything else
- Course/class completion certificates
- Pocket Folders
- Technology projects (Powerpoints, web pages, movies)
- And anything else that can show a student’s progress.
Please remember that you don’t have to have all of these or even a broad range of samples. If you have workbook pages for each sample, that is fine. If you have pocket folders for social studies, worksheets for math, and tests for science, that is fine.
It is NOT everything your child has done all year, just at least three samples for each subject studied. One each from the beginning, middle, and end the year.
How do I schedule an evaluation?
I offer cyber evaluations throughout the entire state of Florida and in-person evaluations in the Jacksonville area.